December - National Influenza Vaccination Week
The National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW) is a national awareness week focused on highlighting the importance of influenza vaccination.
- CDC and its partners choose December for NIVW to remind people that even though the holiday season has begun, it is not too late to get a flu vaccine.
- As long as flu viruses are spreading and causing illness, vaccination should continue throughout flu season in order to protect as many people as possible against flu.
- Vaccination efforts should continue through the holiday season and beyond. It’s not too late to vaccinate.
- Getting vaccinated later can still be beneficial and should be done as soon as possible before flu begins spreading in your community.
- Even if you haven’t yet been vaccinated and have already gotten sick with flu, you can still benefit from vaccination since the flu vaccine protects against three or four different flu viruses (depending on which flu vaccine you get).